Helping you with the invoice journal upload
|Selection of an Invoice Journal|
Once you have logged on with your userID and password after you completed your registration, you will have the opportunity to upload your invoice journal. In addition, you can go to the admin screen to change your password and other user related information that you previously entered during the registration process.
Once you have browsed for and/or entered your file location, it will be remembered the next time that you log in.
The current format for this is a "comma separated file" that is traditionally produced from excel. We have found this to be the most straightforward method of obtaining the information. You can either request this from your I.T. organization or you will likely have some sort of extraction report that will produce an excel spreadsheet. From this, you can save the information as a "CSV" file after insuring that it is in the following format:
and please, NO XLS Files.
- Invoice Date: MM/DD/YYYY
- Zip Code: 5-digit
- Country: US
- Exempt: Y/N
- Special: Varies
Exemptions should be marked with a Y or N. The field is optional. The file can but does not have to include the field names in the first line.
The Special field can contain a variety of entries. The field is optional. If multiple entries are used, please quote the list.
- Sales: Calculate taxes based on the sales tax rate (default). Also accepted: "S"
- Use: Calculate taxes based on the use tax rate. Also accepted: "U"
- State: Only use the state rates. Can be combined with County & City
- County: Only use the county rates. Can be combined with State & City
- City: Only use the city rates. Can be combined with State & County
- Food: Exempt/Non-Taxable is non-taxable sales of food products
- Resale: Exempt/Non-Taxable is sales to other retailers for the purpose of resale
- Labor: Exempt/Non-Taxable is non-taxable labor (repair and installation)
- Govt: Exempt/Non-Taxable is sales the United States government
- Foreign: Exempt/Non-Taxable is sales in interstate or foreign commerce
When you have saved the file, it will look like this (obviously, with data filled in):
|PLEASE CALL US IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH THIS FORMAT AND NEED HELP… ADDITIONAL FORMATS AND/OR SUPPORT FOR DOWNLOADING WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE IN THE FUTURE|